Take the Challenge Out of Managing Costs
While we provide affordable tuition, we know that sometimes you may need more financial assistance.
We offer financial aid to help you afford the quality education you deserve. In fact, about 95 percent of our students receive some type of financial assistance. After you have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you may be eligible to receive federal student loans and/or federal or state grants. While Shawnee State University does not offer institutional scholarships or grants to online students, we encourage you to apply for outside awards.
Applying for Financial Aid
The process for applying for financial aid is simple:
- Complete a FAFSA online. Remember to use Shawnee State University’s school code, 009942.
- If you’re selected for verification by the Department of Education, our Financial Aid Office will request necessary documents. If you’re not selected for verification, you will be set to receive a financial aid award notice.
- Once your verification documents have been received, your application will be verified. If any corrections are needed, Shawnee State will submit information to the Department of Education.
- After corrections are received, the Financial Aid Office will send you an award notice.
- After you’ve received your award notice, you will need to log in to your MySSU account to accept your financial aid offers. If you were offered any student loans and it’s your first time receiving a student loan, you will need to complete entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note.
- Once your entrance counseling has been completed and we have received your master promissory note, you can register for your classes. We will then process your student loans.